Beach season is here, and we’ve got you prepared for what to wear and what to bring to the beach. We like the flexibility of this outfit because it transitions well from day to night, so you don’t have to go home to change to be ready to hit the town.
1. Orlebar Brown swim trunks. This pair is from the photographer Gray Malin’s Miami Beach photo, and if you stand correctly, you can seamlessly blend right into the seaside. We really like Orlebar Brown’s Bulldog line because they have side tabs that allow you to tighten up or loosen the waist. From our experience, when we begin the vacation, we have the tabs pulled as tight as possible, and if we’ve done our job, by the end of the trip, we’ve got the tabs as loose as possible. Invest in these $345 trunks and you won’t need another pair for 10 years
2. Proper Cloth shirt. A custom tailored shirt works just well in the boardroom as it does on the beach, and in a plush breathable oxford cotton like this one, this shirt will keep you cool and comfortable. Roll up the sleeves during the day, and drop them down once night rolls in. Customize yours starting at $79
3. Garrett Leight sunglasses. A round shaped sunglass gives you a more relaxed, approachable look that fits right in at the beach bar. We really like this rose colored frame that will blend in with your newly tanned body. Grab a pair of your own from Barney’s
4. Evian facial spray. Water: the essence of life. Now in spray can format. At the end of a day baking in the sun, nothing refreshes you better than a spray of this right in your face. Thank us later. Grab one for $7.50 at Amazon
5. Spectacle magazine. Newsprint and sand were made for each other. This large format magazine from Garrett Leight does double duty as it shields you from the sun and gives you great leisure reading pleasure.
6. Swims loafers. In keeping with our theme of day to night, these loafers are our goto beach shoe. Not only are they 100% waterproof, they also look bomb at dinner. Be the envy of all your friends with Swims for $159 from Nordstrom