Watches are as important, actually more important, than phones to men. Yes, men have always paid huge importance on watches as they have on cars. Now, buying a very expensive watch may not always be good “financially” because everything depreciates eventually. But, ROLEX is the only brand that can retain its value and may become more expensive as time passes. This iconic brand has a world-class design that stands through time.
But if you are planning to get a preloved/pre-owned Rolex watch, here are some few questions you need to ask yourself before going for it.
1. What makes Rolex watches exceptional in quality?
Rolex is making a million or more luxury watches every year but unlike other products, these watches are almost completely assembled by hand. Rolex watches were the first to earn the chronometer certification which makes them a staple on sporting events.
Rolex watches are made of 904L steel which makes up their glossy smoothness. This metal is highly expensive and resistant to corrosion. This is the secret of Rolex watches’ signature polish.
2. What are typical prices of Rolex watches?
Rolex watches have a wide-ranging price depending on some factors such as the band material or the case. The least expensive of them starts around $5000 to $8000 or under $3000 for preloved. Some models like the 1973 Rolex Submariner can exceed half a million dollars but the most common price range for high-end models are from $10,000 to $50,0000.
3. What materials does Rolex use?
Rolex features a layer of gold bonded to alloy, stainless steel and platinum or white gold which offers a bright polish. The two-toned look of stainless steel and yellow gold allows you to accessorize like a celebrity. You can also find Rolex watches that has 18-karat pink gold, or gold shell. A large variety for you depending on your taste.
4. What are popular features of Rolex watches?
There are lots of kinds of Rolex watches: a diamond bezel or dial markers, geometric-shaped markers for casual or sporty, classic dials inspired by nautical settings, racing, aviation and a cosmograph dial displaying sub-units for timing races.
5. What should I look for when buying a pre-owned Rolex?
When looking for pre-owned Rolex watches, always look for a reputable seller with a positive track record (you can check it on their feedback sections), and request documentation of the serial and model numbers with your choice of purchase. These numbers are intricately carved into the watch and an authentic Rolex always displays the manufacturer name and crown logo on the dial. Lastly, pay close attention to any photos provided by the seller.
6. Things to Remember When Buying a Used Rolex
- Educate yourself on the functionality and designed offered to your by the preowned model
- Trust your instinct. If it does not feel good about buying it, do not push through. There is a good reason why humans possess this trait.
- Avoid eBay and Craigslist as much as possible. Go to an authorized dealer of second hand Roles watches or a jewelry store.
- Always look for the authentic model. Rolex watches are always replicated so better watch out on your purchases