This post is sponsored by Blink.
link for Home is a completely wire-free home security camera. That’s why I love it so much. I can literally plop it down in my plant or pretty much anywhere in my house and still be in control of everything in my home. I breakdown all of the features, functionality and why I love it.
- The camera has a motion detector which sends you a brief length of the video clips when it senses movement in the frame.
- The battery can last up to two years with its 2AA Lithium batteries.
- Easy to install at home, you can control it via your phone, using the app for iOS or Android. Also, you can use the Amazon Alexa Skill to monitor Blink.
- Watch what your pet’s/spouse’s doing at home by streaming on “Live View”.
- You do not need to pay for monthly fees, you can store the recorded videos on Cloud storage for free.
The two camera models are the Blink and Blink XT, with XT being designed for outdoor use.
Blink XT has better night vision, it uses an infrared light to better spot nighttime activity, while the Blink has only a white LED best for indoor settings. Blink XT can be used outdoors because it’s weatherproof and rated for the elements.
Blink functions from 32° to 95°F while the Blink XT can work from -4° to 113° F, meaning it should be able to survive most winters in NYC and even the hottest summer days.
I’m now able to keep a look out all over my apartment when I’m not around with Blink’s flexible no wire portability and direct streaming to my phone.