We’re half way through the week so why not treat yourself for all the hard work you’ve been doing. This time we joined forces with Johnnie Walker Scotch Whiskey to bring you two delicious cocktail recipes including this legendary whiskey. Punch bowl is to be enjoyed together with your friends and yields 25 servings – perfect for a backyard party or a mid-week BBQ. The second one is fresh and fruity, great drink for the end of the day.
Created by Jeff Bell
*This recipe yields 25 servings, to be enjoyed with friends
1 750ml Johnnie Walker Double Black
2 Whole Lemons (peeled)
1 Whole Ruby Red Grapefruit (peeled)
¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
3 oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
3 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
16 oz Water
16 oz Pilsner Beer
**For the lemon grapefruit oleo-saccharum:
12 oz Granulated Sugar
12 oz Hot Water
1. Zest the entire peels of the lemons and grapefruits with a microplane.
2. Mix thoroughly with granulated sugar, let sit for 1 hour in a nonreactive bowl.
3. Add 12 oz boiling hot water, stir to dissolve all sugar.
4. Fine strain to remove citrus zest.
1. Combine Johnnie Walker Double Black, Pilsner beer, fresh lemon juice, fresh grapefruit juice and oleo-saccharum into a punch bowl.
SWIZZLE ME THIS, BATMAN
Created by Tobin Ludwig
1 1/2 oz Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve
1 1/2 oz Club Soda
1/2 oz Pineapple Syrup
1/2 oz Fresh Lime Juice
Dash of Drambuie
4 drops Smoked Saline
Pineapple Leaf for Garnish
1. In a highball glass, add pineapple syrup and lime juice. Add crushed ice ¾ up the glass.
2. Add Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve, club soda, smoked saline and 3-4 dashes of Hella Bitters
3. Stir the cocktail well, preferably with a swizzle stick.
4. Garnish with a long pineapple leaf, pointy side up.
**How to make pineapple syrup:
1. Using pure pineapple juice (nothing from concentrate), measure out a quantity of sugar equal to half of the pineapple juice you’re going to use.
2. In a heavy-bottom sauce pan, bring pineapple juice to a simmer.
3. Using a wooden spoon, skim the surface of the foam that rises and remove.
4. When reduced by half, stir in sugar until dissolved and turn o heat.
**How to make smoked saline:
1. Combine 2 oz of smoked salt in a bowl with hot water until the salt is completely dissolved. The proportions should be 4:1 water to salt.