We’ve seen the horror stories, either firsthand or through some social media posting. Tinder is an… interesting app. But as the tagline says, “It’s where people meet.” And for whatever that reason may be (casual hookup, date, soul-mate) your first impression is the difference between a swipe right or left. From a woman’s perspective, I’ll tell you good guys how to get what you want from Tinder in 19 steps.
1. Avoid the blurry picture.
2. Avoid the selfie.
3. HAVE AN ‘ABOUT ME’.
Seriously, one sentence, even if it’s trite, can help a girl distinguish if you’re creepy or not.
4. Don’t be a cocky asshole.
5. Don’t be creepy.
6. Show your face! We want to see it.
7. No car pictures, please. Unless you’re in them.
8. Keep your “About Me” brief.
Don’t make it too dating profile-y.
9. Don’t look wasted in the picture. It doesn’t appeal.
10. On that note, don’t put “I love to drink” in your About Me.
11. Your first picture should be of ONLY you.
Frat pics can be one of the others… if you insist.
12. This should be obvious but: Don’t post a picture with you and one other girl.
13. Don’t be afraid to talk to someone.
14. Don’t be so quick to swipe left.
15. But, don’t be so quick to swipe right.
16. Chill with the emojis.
17. Just like the truck/car pictures, no dog pictures unless you’re in them.
18. Shirtless pictures are a huge NO.
19. Definitely post a dressy picture.
Suit and tie puts you miles above the rest. Unless it doesn’t fit. In which case: You should be reading this. Be yourself. This is a gentleman’s guide, so I know my audience. Go out there and woo some women. Good luck!