Google Owned by Alphabet
As I’m sure you’ve heard by now, Google, the search engine turned fucking everything, will now be owned by the parent company they recently created, Alphabet.
…And Why is That?
Well, essentially, Google realized it was wearing too many hats. They have had a long time slogan stating corporations should just do “one thing really, really well.” And they haven’t followed their own advice in years. So, by creating this parent company and a handful of subsidiaries, each group can focus on their own world changing awesomeness.
There will now be eight companies underneath Alphabet, which are:
- Calico– fighting the aging process
- Nest– keeping your homes super techy
- Google Ventures– Startup investments
- Google X– The cool shit, like self-driving cars
- Fiber– Broadband internet
- Google Capital– Longterm investments
- Life Sciences– Smart contacts
- Google– search, ads, etc.
And another six under the Google name including Youtube and Android.
This gives Google, or rather, Alphabet, the power to grow even larger than it currently is. So what will be next for Alphabet? Which world are they about to conquer? It will definitely be interesting to watch in the coming weeks as details of projects are released, but one thing is for sure, Google looking into health, means things will probably be changing in healthcare.