Have some extra cash to burn or simply can’t afford to waste 2 1/2 hours on the train out to the Hamptons? Then you need to checkout these two new Uber-like services that offer on-demand helicopters out to East Hampton, & Montauk.
There are a handful of legacy choppers that will take you out East, but most of these force you to (ugh) pick up the phone and actually speak to someone. We hate that, and I’m sure you do two.
So we’ve focused on FlyBlade and GothamAir, both of which allow you to book flights via the Internet or their apps.
Below is a breakdown of the two services, of which we recommend signing up with Blade (They even have a $100 off partner code — “AndrewW53”. Enter it within the app).
Fly Blade to the Hamptons
To book a flight, open up the app, and select a seat on one of the flights going out today to your desired destination.
Flights start at $695 for an entire helicopter to the airport.
Flights start at $595 one-way to the Hamptons.
Fly Blade Helicopter Code for $100 Off
Remember: Use my Blade partner code “AndrewW53” to get $100 off.
- Blade flies to: Fire Island, Southampton, East Hampton, Montauk, Quogue, JFK, Newark, Laguardia, Teterboro, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard
- One small carry on is allowed per person (25lbs maximum)
- Flights take about 30 minutes to get to the Hamptons
- Blade offers three luxury lounges prior to take-off (East 34th St heliport, West 30th St heliport, 23rd St Seaport Marin)
- Blade allows you to book a sea plane or a helicopter
- You can book a crowdsourced flight, which allows you to fly when you want, you book the entire flight, but get credits as people book to fly with you
- Each departure group consists of 6 people
- While in the lounge, enjoy complimentary rose. (You also get rose to go in sippy cups built to be spill proof)
- Blade’s been busy with fundraising. They just picked up $6 million from Google’s Chairman Eric Schmidt, IAC’s Barry Diller amongst others
Remember: when you sign up with Blade use our promo code AndrewW53″ to get $100 off your first flight.
You can see the pricing and availability for July 4th weekend above.
Have more questions? Checkout the Blade FAQ.
Fly Gotham Air to the Hamptons
First time flights from NYC to JFK & Newark are just $99 one way. After the first flight, it bumps up to $199-219 depending on departure time.
Gotham Air flights to East Hampton can be as cheap as $399 (if you catch one of their specials via email). Regular prices to the Hamptons are $575 each way.
- To book a flight, open up the app, and select your departure date and time
- Flights to the airport are just 6 minutes
- 289% Larger Windows (than typical helicopters)
- Gotham Air flights, but you can easily book via email (which they send out a weekly newsletter).
- “Bose on Board” which presumably means noise canceling headphones
- Choppers all have leather seating
- 4 different types of helicopters in the fleet
- Door to door support for golf clubs & extra bags*
To book your flight, download the Gotham Air app and get going.
This shows the available flights for July 4th weekend. Unlike Blade, Gotham Air flights are already sold out. The earliest flight is Monday July 6th.
Fly Blade Review
Gotham Air Review