That breaks down to 19 free hotel nights at any Category 1 Marriott property.
Or 3 nights at a Category 8 property like the JW Marriot Venice.
Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card Review
Here are the details on how this all breaks down:
- Get 80,000 bonus points on signup when you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months
- Get 7,500 bonus points when you dd the 1st authorized user and make a purchase in 1st 3 months
- Earn up to 45,000 points via bonus categories: 5X points on Marriott properties, 2X on travel & dining (up to $5,000 each)
- Earn a free 1 Night Stay at a Category 1-5 every year after your account anniversary
If you max out all of these categories, here’s how many points we’re looking at:
- 80,000 for signup bonus
- 3,000 for minimum spend on signup bonus
- 7,500 for authorized user
- 45,000 by maxing out bonus categories
135,5000 points earned in one year.
Is The Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card Worth It?
These questions are all specific to you, and your current spending situation.
If you are a frequent traveler and know you are going to be staying at Marriott properties, then the 5X bonus is a great benefit. The Chase Sapphire Reserve would only get you 3X points on these stays, so you’ve got a little edge on these stays.
However, if you don’t plan on staying at Marriott, these bonus categories aren’t quite as lucrative, so we’ll look at the bonus points.
The 80,000 bonus points are equal to about 2 nights at a Category 8 property, like the Domes of Elounda in Greece.
Each night is about $725 or 45,000 points, giving you a value of approximately $1,450.
For an annual fee of $85, to get a bonus of $1,450 is worth it in my opinion.
After that first year, you won’t receive the 80,000 bonus points, and will only be looking at the anniversary bonus, so in my opinion, I would probably take this bonus then cancel after the first year.
Remember, sign up bonuses like these typically are only granted once per lifetime, so if you plan to travel soon, jump on this offer, otherwise, maybe hold off until a 100,000 point bonus comes around (we’ve seen this in the past but no guarantee of anything in the future).
Follow Us On Instagram @AndrewUFL