You can buy JetBlue miles for as low as 1.6¢ per mile for a limited time until 4/28/17. You can also buy points for a friend.
How Much Are JetBlue Points Worth?
JetBlue doesn’t use an award chart for booking, instead you can redeem JetBlue points for any flight that can bought for cash.
The lowest award value they allow you to spend is 3,500, which is equivalent to about a $50 flight (best bet is to look for their Flash Fares.
Here’s the full breakdown on points value:
- Points can be redeemed for as low as .97¢ per point
- Points can be redeemed for a maximum of 1.89¢ per point
- The average value per point is 1.4¢
- The best points redemption is Mint Class which can be redeemed at 1.7¢
- International redemptions provide better point value than domestic
On average, each point is worth roughly 1.4¢, so even at this value, if you’re buying points at 1.6¢ it’s a win if you plan to redeem for International or Mint Class flights.
How to Buy JetBlue Points for $.016 Each
First hit the link, it was sent to me this morning via email so it may be a targeted promotion.
When buying points, you get a bonus if you buy more, and that’s how you get the best deal:
- 3,000 – 9,500: 25% bonus ($.024 per point)
- 10,000 – 29,500: 50% bonus ($.018 per point)
- 30,000: 75% bonus ($.016 per point)
Obviously the best deal is buying $825 worth of points to get the $.016 rate.
I personally may be jumping on this deal because we’re planning a couple trips to the Caribbean, we might hit up this amazing hotel in Anguilla again or another property in the Bahamas.
Let me know in the comments if you’re taking the plunge.