I have a lot of people asking me, “how do you take such great photos”?
And the answer is simple.
You need a great camera PLUS a great lens.
You can’t just shoot with an iPhone and expect amazing results.
Here’s a quick example of one of my shots with my iPhone 7 Plus (the best cameraphone on the market).
And this photo with me in the black jacket is taken with this lens. It’s just $125, and it makes a world of a difference.
The Canon EF 50mm is probably the best investment you can make into your street style hobby.
But what if you have more money and you want your photos to be even better?
For those of us new to digital photography, there are two elements to any DSLR camera. There’s the camera itself, and then there’s the lens. The camera may cost $500, but lenses can cost upwards of $2,000. So the money is in the lenses, and the lenses are what makes shots look truly amazing. If you’re looking to start doing your own shooting, I put together a list of the best camera lenses for street style photography.
The best camera lens for street style photography.
- Very Fast f/0.95 Wide-Angle Lens
- 17.5mm Is Equivalent to 35mm Lens
- Focuses As Close As 5.9″
- 10 Diaphragm Blades for Great Bokeh
- Aspherical Elements for Crisp Images
- Manual Focus
- 34mm Equivalent in 35mm Format
- Micro Four Thirds Mount
- Aperture Range: f/1.8-22
- Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) AF
- Snapshot Manual Focus Control Ring
- Distance and DOF Indicators
- Dual Super Aspherical Element
- High Refractive Index Element
- Extra-low Reflection Optical Coating
- For OM-D and PEN System Cameras
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to 16
- One AA & Three Aspherical Elements
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF System
- Physical Aperture Ring Can Be De-Clicked
- Minimum Focus Distance: 12″
- Dust and Moisture Resistant
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Circular 9-Blade Diaphragm
- F1.4 Brightness for Shallow Focus
- Low Distortion, Chromatic Aberration
- UHR (Ultra High Refractive) Lens
- Reduced Ghost and Flare for Clear Photos
- Circular Aperture Diaphragm
- Durable Metal Mount
- VM Mount Lens for M-Mount Cameras
- Aperture Range: f/1.5-16
- Minimum Focus Distance of 27.6″
- All-metal Lens Barrel
- Manual Focus