There is nothing better than coming home from a long day and unwinding with a glass (or two) of your favorite drink. While whiskey may be the goto choice for those days where you just can’t take it anymore, you need to have a perfect option for the days where you simply just need to relax. Amarula is that drink.
Made from the marula fruit, a yellow plum-shaped fruit indigenous to South Africa, Amarula is currently the number two cream liqueur in the world. It is also, somehow, one of South Africa’s best kept secrets.
How We Drink Our Amarula
There are plenty of ways to drink Amarula, each one just as delicious as the last. But here are our favorite recipes to concoct after a long day (or just for the hell of it).
Amarula On Ice
- Pretty self explanatory, and pretty damn great.
Amarula Iced Coffee
- 9 oz Iced Coffee
- 1 oz Amarula
- Shake Amarula Cream and iced coffee in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Pour contents into cocktail glass filled with ice.
Amarula Brown Elephant
- 2 oz Amarula Cream
- 3 oz milk
- 3 oz Coca Cola
- Pour Amarula Cream and milk into shaker with ice. Shake and strain into tall cocktail glass filled with ice, top with Coca Cola and stir gently.
Amarula White Nile
- 1 oz Amarula Cream
- 1/2 oz Cointreau Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Crème de Cacao
- Add all ingredients into cocktail shaker, shake and strain into martini glass.
Amarula Fiery Dusk
- 2.5 oz Amarula Cream
- 1 generous scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp fresh copped chili
- Whole chili or vanilla pod for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker or blender and shake/blend until contents inside are smooth. Pour into a martini glass filled with ice, garnish.
Follow Us On Instagram @AndrewUFL